S.T.U.D.Y. tips for students
S.T.U.D.Y. tips for parents
S tay on top of your study
- S ee if your child is using time effectively.
T elevision, video games, pets, computer, the phone, etc. are all distractions! Maintain a quiet work environment.
- T ake time to set up a study area for your child away from distractions.
U se your assignment notebook.
- U nsure of how or what your child is doing? Ask to see your child's assignments and notebook.
D o you know how you use your time? Keep track on a time chart (available from your counselor).
- D efine your child's strengths and weaknesses to address performance problems.
Y es, you can do it! If you need help, ask your teacher, counselor, and/or parent.
- Y ou are your child's greatest advocate. Praise him or her for good work. Team up with your child's teachers and counselor!