DPS Extended Day program launches on Tuesday, September 7! While transportation will not be offered initially, families signed up for Extended Day have the flexibility to get students to school as early as 6:00 a.m. and pick up students as late as 5:30 p.m.
For those families who have already registered your students for Extended Day — remember to log in to the EZ Child Track Parent Portal, using a desktop, laptop, or tablet for easy access, and declare which days your students will attend for the following week. This must be done before 5:00 p.m. each Thursday, to guarantee your student has a spot the next week in AM and/or PM programming. Any attendance declarations entered after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday will require authorization from the site coordinator and will not be guaranteed a spot for the following week's programming. You will need to complete your declaration by Thursday at 5:00 p.m. each week to secure a spot for the upcoming week.
For those families who have not yet registered your students for Extended Day — you can still get them registered! If you're at all interested in using the Extended Day Before and After School program, even for a short time just a couple days a week, you have to register your students now. Click here to register your students for free now!
The DPS Extended Day program is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to the start of school, and from the end of school until 5:30 p.m., plus on early release days, half days, and holiday breaks. It's offered at 13 site locations across the District: American Dreamer STEM Academy, Baum Elementary, Dennis Lab School, Franklin Grove Elementary, Harris Learning Academy, Hope Academy, Johns Hill, Montessori Academy for Peace, Parsons Elementary, Pershing @ Garfield, Stephen Decatur Middle School, and South Shores Elementary.
The Extended Day program offers students and families:
(1) Safe, Secure, Supportive Environment
- Each location must provide students with a safe, secure place to go before and after school.
- Breakfast and snack/dinner provided through CACFP program
(2) Academic Assistance
- Each location must include homework support aligned with the students’ regular academic programs, including standards-aligned curriculum and instructional materials, and must support students as they complete any assigned work.
(3) Enrichment and Physical Fitness
- Each location must provide an enrichment element that offers a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular program, including service/project-based learning, art, music, physical fitness, recreational activities, character education, STEM activities, etc.
Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the DPS Extended Day program.
Click here to read the complete Program Overview about the DPS Extended Day program.
Click here for a How-To Guide on completing Extended Day registration.