COVID-Related Info & Forms for DPS Employees
As of January 15, 2022, insurance companies and group health plans are required to cover the cost of FDA-approved over-the-counter, at-home COVID-19 tests. This means you can purchase up to eight (8) over-the-counter FDA-approved COVID-19 tests per month, and our insurance will either cover the cost up front or you can submit for reimbursement. Here are just a few facts about the at-home test reimbursement:
- For insured employees, BCBSIL will cover FDA-authorized over-the-counter COVID-19 tests for diagnosing COVID-19 through your BCBSIL/Prime Therapeutics pharmacy benefits. If you use a pharmacy in Prime's network, you should not have to submit a separate claim for reimbursement.
- BCBSIL will cover FDA-authorized over-the-counter diagnostic tests purchased beginning Jan. 15. You will be reimbursed up to $12 per test, up to 8 tests every 30 days per person. (For example, you can purchase 4 boxes that include 2 over-the-counter COVID-19 tests.)
- If you aren’t sure if a test kit is FDA-authorized, ask your pharmacist for help.
- Take your test to the pharmacy counter to pay for your test.
- If an in-network pharmacy can’t submit your claim electronically, you can submit a reimbursement request.
For more information, check out the attached flyer and visit BCBSIL’s COVID-19 Coverage for Members page.
NOTE: DPS does not accept at-home tests for the weekly COVID testing requirement for unvaccinated staff, unless the at-home test is watched by a proctor (Physician, PA, RN, LPN, Nurse Practitioner – excluding DPS nursing staff) and the proctor signs off on the test.