I expect students to:
- Have all appropriate materials and supplies for class.
- Respect the people, equipment, and furnishings in the classroom.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Observe all rules in the student handbook.
First Offense: Warning
Second Offense: Time out (out of room)
Third Offense: Detention & Parent Contact
Fourth Offense: Office Referral
**Severe Disruption: Student sent immediately to the office with a referral.
Time Out Policy:
In order to maintain a positive learning environment, disruptive students, after being given a warning, can be sent to another middle school teacher’s classroom for time out purposes. It is the student’s responsibility to ask the teacher for any work that may have been missed during the time out.If the student chooses to disrupt the time out classroom, an office referral will be written.
Late Work Policy:
1 Day Late: it will be worth 80% of the earned grade.
1 Day Late Examples:
1. If a student had a perfect paper that was a day late, they would be given a B- (80%).
2. If a student earns 35 points out of 50 points on an assignment that was a day late, that assignment would then be worth 28 out of 50 points.
If the work is not turned in on the second day, then the student is required to attend the Working Lunch sessions to complete missing work for 60% of the earned score. Parent will be notified of the working lunch assignment(s) by the student at the time the working lunch is assigned. Student will attend Working Lunch until late work is completed. If the student fails to complete the late work in the two day period, the grade for the late assignment is a zero.
1. If a student had a perfect paper turned in during working lunch, they would be given a D (60%).
2. If a student earns 35 points out of 50 points on an assignment turned into Working Lunch that assignment would then be worth 21 out of 50 points.
If you fail to attend working lunch when assigned, the first time is a referral and an after school detention. The second time you fail to attend working lunch, the consequence is a referral and APR time.
If the work is not turned in during working lunch, the grade for that homework will be a zero.
1st tardy: verbal warning
2nd tardy: verbal warning, parent notified (call, email)
3rd tardy: verbal warning, parent notified (call, email)
4th tardy: a parent conference, including administration, will be arranged
5th tardy and up: office referral with consequences ranging from a parent escort to class to social probation
Tardies are accumulated by class. Tardies start over every quarter.