Bobbi Williams | Interim Superintendent
Hello DPS family! We know that this year will again present many challenges that we’ve never experienced before. But together, we’ll find our way through those challenges. I want to encourage you to focus on the good – and don’t sweat the small stuff. We have so many amazing things happening in Decatur Public Schools:
- All of our buildings have air conditioning.
- Most buildings are now updated, and many have gotten a facelift within the past few years.
- Even when there are ongoing projects, we know that the end result is a better environment to make connections with our students.
- We’re focusing district-wide on social-emotional learning, with the adoption of 7 Mindsets in all of our schools.
- We’re piloting counseling services through a local provider at some of our school locations, with the goal of expanding services to all our schools in the coming years.
- We do have 24/7 free mental health and wellness supports provided to all staff through the LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program.
As we enter a new school year, we all have to do our part, most especially when it comes to protecting the health and safety of our students and colleagues. Please wear your mask. Make sure your students are wearing their masks. And always, reach out if you need support. Let’s be better together. Have a great school year!