DFTA Negotiations Updates
Thursday, October 31, 2019
District Administrators received notification that members of the Decatur Federation of Teaching Assistants will return to work on Friday, November 1, 2019. All DPS programs that had been suspended will resume normal operations and schedules on Friday, November 1st. All bus routes will be reinstated and will pick up all students.
Monday, October 28, 2019
Due to the anticipated work stoppage by our Teaching Assistant staff, the following programs will be suspended beginning Tuesday, October 29th and will remain suspended until TAs return to our classrooms. If your program is closed, please do not send your child to school on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
- All Pershing Early Learning Programs - All PreK classes (grant funded PFA and special education) at Pershing, RCC, Baum, Oak Grove
- Parsons - All Life Skills classrooms
- Enterprise - All Life Skills and hearing impaired program students
- Muffley - Social/Emotional Development (SED) program
- Hope - Essential Skills program
- SEAP Program at Harris
- Stephen Decatur - SED, Life Skills, Essential Skills
- MacArthur - SED, Life Skills, Essential Skills and Cross-Cat Alt
- Eisenhower - SED, Life Skills and Cross-Cat Alt
General education and special education cross-cat classrooms will remain open, but students who have individual LPN or teaching assistant minutes on their IEP will not be able to attend while the teaching assistants are choosing not to work.
Parents of special education students who are not able to attend school while the teaching assistants are choosing not to work have the right to request an IEP meeting to discuss compensatory services.
If you are a teaching assistant, we welcome you back to programs that remain open.
Please contact the Macon Piatt Special Education Office at 217-362-3055 with any questions.