DPS Extended Day program starts for the 2022-23 school year on Monday, August 15, 2022! Families signed up for Extended Day have the flexibility to get students to school as early as 6:00 a.m. and pick up students as late as 5:30 p.m.
BOTH new and returning families MUST register students for Extended Day in the EZ Child Track Parent Portal, using a desktop, laptop, or tablet for easy access. Families who have previously used Extended Day will need to re-register students for the 2022-23 school year. If you're at all interested in using the Extended Day Before and After School program, even for a short time just a couple days a week, you have to register your students now. Click here to register your students for free now!
The DPS Extended Day program is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to the start of school, and from the end of school until 5:30 p.m., plus on early release days. It's offered at 13 site locations across the District: American Dreamer STEM Academy, Baum Elementary, Dennis Lab School, Franklin Grove Elementary, Harris Learning Academy, Hope Academy, Johns Hill, Montessori Academy for Peace, Parsons Elementary, Pershing, Stephen Decatur Middle School, and South Shores Elementary.
The Extended Day program offers students and families:
(1) Safe, Secure, Supportive Environment
- Each location must provide students with a safe, secure place to go before and after school.
- Afternoon snacks
(2) Academic Assistance
- Each location must include homework support aligned with the students’ regular academic programs, including standards-aligned curriculum and instructional materials, and must support students as they complete any assigned work.
(3) Enrichment and Physical Fitness
- Each location must provide an enrichment element that offers a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular program, including service/project-based learning, art, music, physical fitness, recreational activities, character education, STEM activities, etc.
Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the DPS Extended Day program.
Click here for a How-To Guide on completing Extended Day registration.