The Department of Student Services assists in providing wrap-around interventions, support, and resources for student success to create an environment that promotes student wellness, learning, and overall achievement. Student Services supports the whole child, with the focus being on positive behavior, attendance improvement, mental and physical wellness, and trauma sensitivity. The Department oversees programs focused on decreasing discipline and truancy; assists with attendance, homelessness, and registration; implements and manages student-centered service groups; and performs duties in accordance with established federal, state, and district-level policies.
Student Services advocates for open, honest, and immediate communication at the onset of an issue. By maintaining open lines of communication in the classroom, at the school, and beyond, we can more effectively and efficiently achieve success and solutions.
- FOR STUDENTS: Student Services provide confidential, non-judgemental guidance to students who request meetings.
- FOR PARENTS: After going through the proper channels at school, parents can contact us with any issue related to their student's academic performance or overall well-being at the school.
- FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS: Community members are always encouraged to be a part of and support our schools. We encourage you to partner with a school and volunteer.
300 E. Eldorado Street
Decatur, IL 62523
- Parking: Located on the north side of Cerro Gordo Street (one street north of Eldorado)
- Entrance: Northwest corner of the building at Cerro Gordo and Franklin, look for white sign with black lettering: “Department of Student Services and Training Center”