Information for Substitutes
Being a substitute is a great way to be involved in the district on your time. You have the opportunity to help with the youth of our community and enjoy a flexible work schedule!
Step 1: Obtain Substitute Licensure Through the Regional Office of Education #39
- If you would like to substitute teach in any Decatur Public School, you will need to hold a valid Professional Educator License (PEL) or Substitute Teacher License (SUB).
- The Macon-Piatt Regional Office of Education maintains substitute teacher authorization — click here to learn more about the process of obtaining a Substitute Licensure. https://www.maconpiattroe.org/page/how-to-become-a-substitute-teacher
Step 2: Complete a Substitute Application
Complete a substitute application with DPS! APPLY HERE!
Step 3: Complete a Substitute Packet
- Substitute packets are distributed by Human Resources after your substitute application has been approved and you have a current substitute license.
Step 4: Complete the Employment History Review
- All substitutes are required to complete an Employment History Review.
- You will be sent a link from Human Resources to start the process.
Substitute Rates 2023-2024
What is a daily substitute?
What is a long-term sub? How do I become one?
I haven't subbed in District 61 in a long time, what are my next steps?
Frontline Absence Management User Guide
Decatur Public School District #61 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has an Affirmative Action Program.