The Prep Academy, a partnership between District #61 & Richland Community College, is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year for incoming freshmen.
- There is no charge to participate, but space is limited!
- Selected students will earn a high school diploma AND an Associate Degree from Richland upon completion of the 4-year program during high school.
- Interested students must complete and submit an application, along with all required documents: a letter of recommendation and a five paragraph essay, by March 31, 2021.
- To learn more about the program click here to view the Prep Academy Brochure.
- For more information students or parents can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Parents must register and attend one of the parent informational sessions below (click on the date to register for that meeting):
Do you have questions about the Prep Academy? We have answers! Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question is answered. If you have additional questions, just email LRisby@dps61.org.
Prep Academy participants begin freshman year on their high school campus. First year includes various college ready topics to aid with preparation for college level coursework goals. Prep Academy Sophomore students continue on their high school campus and will earn 12 college credit hours. Third year Prep Academy students may transition to RCC’s campus five mornings per week and have the opportunity to earn 24 credit hours. During their third year experience, students continue working on the general education core curriculum and begin exploring college course electives. The Prep Academy concludes with Seniors earning the remaining 24 credit hours, fulfilling the requirements of their high school diploma and Associate's Degree.